Join The Applied Companies Team!
We are seeking a dedicated Accounting Manager for this established service focused organization. In this company you will enjoy working with those around you that are focused on developing and helping the Reno community continue to grow and flourish.
If you are looking to grow your career into a Controller position with a prosperous company that values your contributions, we encourage you to apply.
The Accounting Manager will:
- Supervise and manage financial department staff, including accountants and financial assistants
- On a daily basis will manage the company’s finances including the profit and loss statements
- Handle the general ledger while overseeing the team’s efforts within payroll, accounts receivable/payroll, IRS payments, EFT transactions
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts as a backup. Develop metrics and reporting.
- Oversee the company’s accounts and investments as a back up to the Controller
- Create and audit the payroll process including resolving efficiencies, reviewing and creating procedures
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports as a back up to the Controller
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations in collaboration with the Controller
- Responsible for the efforts and results of the financial department for all financial, accounting, and payroll activities.
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing
- Report to the senior management team with timely and accurate financial information
- Create auditing processes around all things finance and accounting
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported as well as client data that relates to payroll, 401K and other client billing items.
- Participate in forecast and offer input on various pieces of data we can use for our company to forecast, across all divisions.
What the Accounting Manager needs to have:
- Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Payroll is a key skill-set
- QuickBooks Desktop
- Mid-level experience in finance or accounting
- Previous supervisory or management experience
- Auditing experience
- Understanding of internal payroll process
- Ideal experience working with enterprise software
The Accounting Manager will enjoy:
- Fitness reimbursement company programs
- Paid Time Off (4 weeks)
- Volunteerism Program & Benefit
- 401k with company match
- Bonus Program