Human Resources & Payroll Generalist
890 E. Patriot blvd. Suite E Reno,NV 89511 Reno, NV 89511
HR & Payroll Generalist
Are you an HR professional ready for a new challenge away from traditional in-house HR? In this unique role you will serve as the main point of contact for a diverse group of clients, where you will provide human resources support, administer employee benefits, process payroll, meet with clients and assist in resolving complex employee relation issues.
If you have a strong HR background with a high level of customer service, then come be part of a great local company with a great culture!
What the HR & Payroll Generalist will do:
- Great attitude and excellent customer service.
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Responds to all internal and external requests in a timely manner.
- Requires excellent time management skills
- Proactively maintains relationship with clients through on-site visits, correspondence and overall accessibility
- Demonstrated ability to ask clarifying questions to gain complete understanding of situations.
- Provides consistent, accurate advice to clients on employee relations issues and disciplinary actions
- Supports administration, coordination, and application of client company human resources/benefit policies, procedures, and practices
- Completes new client/new employee onboarding and guides new clients through process of benefit enrollment and handbook implementation
- Implements benefit policies/procedures for each client
- Maintains employee files & HR policies/procedures for each client
- Responsible for providing accurate information from client for workers’ compensation underwriting including class code verification for employees
- Compiles information for creating job descriptions and wage surveys
- Assists in responding to unemployment claims and participates in unemployment hearings on clients’ behalf
- Consultative adviser for clients, company and other business partners
- Keeps up to date on overall human resource issues and laws through continuing education and human resource community involvement
- Conducts annual open enrollment for all clients
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Complete payroll functions including but not limited to; time sheets, hours, tax changes, wage garnishments, deductions, direct deposits, benefit adjustments and refunds, various other input, etc.
- Reviews, verifies and enters payroll data in a timely manner
- Issues reports and processes payroll checks for distribution
- Strives to maintain 100% accuracy when processing payroll for all clients
- Issues payroll for all clients within multiple guidelines and timeframes
- Maintains and submits Positive Pay files
- Responds to routine inquiries concerning payroll, garnishments, verifications, etc., as well as required state reporting forms
- Process contributions/uploads to 401K plan
What the HR & Payroll Generalist needs to have:
- College degree preferred or equivalent in relevant HR Generalist experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional Human Resources experience.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification required within 12 months of hire.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, interpersonal skills and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to deal effectively with diverse groups of individuals.
- Use of independent judgment.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Commitment to professionalism and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understand and respond to a diverse population, of both business owners and employees, with the highest level of customer service.
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
- Ability to collect complex information and company/client data and assist with interpretation and decision making.
- Demonstrated experience in all HR core functions.
- knowledge of federal, state and local laws and statutes for employment.
- Perform simple and complex tasks; analyze data and accurately complete forms and records.
- Payroll Experience a plus
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple clients and projects.
What the HR & Payroll Generalist will enjoy:
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision benefits
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off (4 weeks)
- Fitness reimbursement company program
- Volunteerism Program & Benefit
- And much more!
Did you know you can text Applied Staffing between 9am - 4pm to ask any questions you may have about positions? Text us at 775-303-2623 (text only) and receive a same day response! Applied Staffing, a division of The Applied Companies, offers our associates medical and dental benefits right away! Work for an agency that is locally owned and operated. We care about Nevadans and want to keep Nevada moving!