IT Technical Specialist
Reno, NV 89511
One of our very prominent clients of greater Northern Nevada, is in urgent need of an IT Technology Specialist.
This position is scheduled for 2-3 months, covering for a leave. However, what a great opportunity to get your foot into the door!!
Pay ranges from $20-$23/hr. and is full-time, located in Carson City, NV.
The Technology Specialist is primarily responsible for supporting front and back-office Technology. Primary position functions and areas of ownership include assisting staff in resolving their software and hardware related problems; serve as primary contact for critical support issues; operate back-office equipment; and Serve as primary owner of identified Line of Business Applications, including implementation, updates, maintenance and troubleshooting throughout the application life cycle.
Position Specific Requirements include the following essential functions as well as other duties as assigned:
- Proficient knowledge of current MS Windows environments, MS Windows Server 2008 and 2012 as well as MS applications.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networks; both in theory and implementation.
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of servers and data processing systems, including: utilizing established procedures to accurately process incoming and outgoing data, identifying malfunctions or errors and taking appropriate action to prevent the loss of data and/or damage to the system, and the change control/change notification procedures.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation for all areas of information technology utilized. This includes: setting up and configuring workstations; setting up and configuring software including workstation and network setups; accurate count of software/hardware inventory and licenses and any troubleshooting or problems that arise on a per incident basis.
- Support the users data processing hardware and software to include inter-branch technical support for the employees of the company, investigation of reported problems and taking appropriate action to resolve the problems; assisting in the implementation and maintenance of data security protocols and procedures; and to monitor and track information such as equipment locations movement.
- Maintain the various job-processing schedules within the department. This includes thoroughly understanding the various components of each job processed, so that any alterations in procedure will not adversely affect the overall processing of data. This also includes an understanding of how the local area network is designed and how it operates.
- Assist the Information Technology Senior staff in maintenance and implementation of new technology.
- Serve as IT representation on projects with Technology requirements
- Assure the safety and security of employees and clients by identifying and communicating opportunities for improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Did you know you can text Applied Staffing between 9am - 4pm to ask any questions you may have about positions? Text us at 775-303-2623 (text only) and receive a same day response! Applied Staffing, a division of The Applied Companies, offers our associates medical and dental benefits right away! Work for an agency that is locally owned and operated. We care about Nevadans and want to keep Nevada moving!