Inventory Control Buyer
Inventory Control Buyer needed for this established company!
In this full-time direct hire position. This person will handle purchasing of inventory, and control. In a role working both in the office and on the floor, you will work with cycle counts, labeling, and staging of parts. If you have an eye for detail and consider yourself someone who is driven and happy to help make suggestions for the company to continue to improve, I encourage you to apply.
In this small team you will work with the material department manager, along with the receiving and inspections department along with working closely with production.
In this role, you will be the go-to for Inventory Control, Buying, Planning and Scheduling and Performance Management.
What the Inventory Control Buyer will do:
- Handle general purchasing
- Review Work Order Summaries to insure the right cost attributes are applied to the work order
- Participates in the Month/Year end closing activities.
- Prepares Debit Memos to cover all returns to vendors.
- Gathers and collates production labor tickets/reports
- Enters Purchase Order receipts into MRP.
- Maintains Cycle Count Schedule based on price banding
- Maintains all files related to cycle counting for submitting to the Auditor at year’s end.
- Create and release Work Orders in support of the Monthly Production Schedules.
- Review Shortage Reports
- Reviews the CNC Open Order Report to determine priorities and the need for re-scheduling
- Prepares the Production Control Report daily.
- Maintains feedback of information with the Materials Manager concerning parts constraints
- Maintains reports showing accrual of actual cost of spoilage versus cost of operations
- Prepares and maintains vendor evaluations
- Maintains file of MRN’s / CAR’s and communicates with vendors
- Acts as backup to the receiving dept
- Participates in all ISO activities and projects as required
What the Inventory Control Buyer will enjoy:
- Medical, Vision, Dental
- Paid Time Off
- Commitment to education & development programs
- 401k Retirement Plan (HIGH LEVEL MATCHING!)
- Life Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
What the Inventory Control Buyer needs to have:
- 3+ or more years hands on experience
- Manufacturing industry experience or educational equivalent
- Experience doing wall to wall inventory
- MRP Technology experience
Did you know you can text Applied Staffing between 9am - 4pm to ask any questions you may have about positions? Text us at 775-303-2623 (text only) and receive a same day response! Applied Staffing, a division of The Applied Companies, offers our associates medical and dental benefits right away! Work for an agency that is locally owned and operated. We care about Nevadans and want to keep Nevada moving!