Network Security Engineer
Reno, NV 89502
Network Security Engineer needed for a dynamic National Organization
As a Network Security Engineer, you will be responsible for providing superior service to both internal and external guests. Managing the operation and security of the Wide / Local Area Networking hardware and infrastructure, internet security, web content filtering and firewall access, Active Directory, IDS/IPS, VPN via IPsec and SSL, as well as the Network Admission Control. This position will serve as an internal Cisco, network, and security consultant to the organization and a security liaison to outside business units that the company may deal with.
What the Network Security Engineer will do:
- Experience with Cisco routing and switching is a must
- CCNA Security or CCNP R&S preferred
- Evaluates and performs R&D on new technologies, equipment, and upgrades to existing systems and recommend additions or changes as needed
- Reviews all system-related security plans throughout the organization's network and makes recommendations to mitigate risk based on vulnerabilities and threat.
- Supervised management, administration and design of WAN/LAN equipment, network, and related infrastructures.
- Data Center architectures, such as Nexus or ACI is preferred.
- Supervised management of VPN Equipment and related systems.
- Supervised management of IPS/IDS Equipment.
- Supervised management of Firewalls and Access to the network internally and externally.
- Supervised management and recommended direction of the information gathering process required for the installation of a Key Business System.
- Creating and maintaining SOP’s and Internal Controls to meet SOX/404, HIPAA and PCI initiatives and adherence to those policies.
- Experience with network design a plus
What the Network Security Engineer will need to have:
- Four-year degree in Management Information Systems with focus on IT security or similar Information Technology program- Preferred
- Minimum of five years of Progressive Information Systems and Technology experience.
- CCNA Required (CCNA Security or CCNP Preferred)
- Cisco ACI in the Data Center
- SD-WAN / DMVPN
- Technical abilities demonstrated:
a. Management Information Systems.
b. Hardware and Software proficiency.
- Willingness to assume additional tasks.
- Creativeness and Initiative demonstrated.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Maintaining interpersonal professional working relationships with Corporate IT personnel and local property IT staff.
- Successful completion of IT projects on time.
- Supervised security of all WAN/LAN network and infrastructure to ensure adherence to SOX/404, HIPAA, PCI Compliance, various Gaming commission regulatory compliance and internal SOP’s.
*All duties are under the supervision of the Director of Information and Network Security
What the Network Security Engineer will enjoy:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- AD/D Insurance
- Life insurance
- Flex Spending
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Retirement Programs
- PTO plus holiday pay
* This is a FT -direct hire opportunity*
Did you know you can text Applied Staffing between 9am - 4pm to ask any questions you may have about positions? Text us at 775-303-2623 (text only) and receive a same day response! Applied Staffing, a division of The Applied Companies, offers our associates medical and dental benefits right away! Work for an agency that is locally owned and operated. We care about Nevadans and want to keep Nevada moving!