Verdi, NV 89439
Are you an experienced supervisor with the ability to provide hands on guidance in the manufacturing field? If so, we want to talk to you!
This position is a great opportunity to make a difference by utilizing Lean Operating System (4 Tier Lean Shop Floor Plan), working with other shift supervisors and plant managers to leverage best practices by moving the needle on measurable safety, quality, cost reduction, and productivity goals and objectives.
The Production Supervisor plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures, and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions. they will also be responsible for achieving immediate and short-term objectives as described by the Plant Manager.
What the production Supervisor will do:
- Perform regular lean process audits to verify integrity of lean standards.
- Provide training, demonstration and coaching to assigned process/team on lean tools and methodology.
- Team Leadership; ability to lead associates through coaching and mentoring.
- Work with team leads to direct production activities in accordance with Master Production Schedule and established priorities, ensuring maximum utilization of assigned resources, machines, personnel, and materials.
- Supervise the overall production and delegate work assignments to ensure all key performance indicators (KPIs) are identified, structured and addressed
- Use production boards to keep employees enlightened and informed of the department performance against standards
- *Must be available to work day shift from Monday through Friday and some weekends
What the Production Supervisor will need to have:
- High School diploma required
- Knowledge of the manufacturing processes, procedures and high-volume production machinery and systems
- 2-3 years of manufacturing supervisory experience o
- Strong planning/organization & time management skills
- Proven experience related to lean principles and practices, and continuous improvement
- Strong dedication to team member morale, internal customer service, safety, quality and delivery
- Must be knowledgeable of manufacturing methods, production schedules, and plant operations.
What the Production Supervisor will enjoy:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and performance
- Company funded HSA
- 100% Company paid life insurance
- short/long term disability insurance
- 401(k) benefit with Company match
- 3 weeks of vacation, 8 holidays and 2 floating holidays
- College tuition reimbursement
- Ongoing career training and development
*Note this is a FT permanent position through our executive search division*
Did you know you can text Applied Staffing between 9am - 4pm to ask any questions you may have about positions? Text us at 775-303-2623 (text only) and receive a same day response! Applied Staffing, a division of The Applied Companies, offers our associates medical and dental benefits right away! Work for an agency that is locally owned and operated. We care about Nevadans and want to keep Nevada moving!