Purchasing & Inventory Manager
Reno, NV 89502
Collaborate with the manufacturing and sales teams to effectively source, evaluate, order and maintain an inventory system for materials used throughout the manufacturing and order fulfillment process. Manage the finished goods inventory system and daily order shipping functions to ensure customer satisfaction.
What the Purchasing and Inventory Manager will do:
- Regularly review optimal product inventory levels, maintaining the right balance of inventory to match sales demands, with a constant focus on providing the highest level of customer service possible. Collaborate with all functions within the company (production, sales, marketing, accounting, etc.) to effectively manage product inventory.
- Supervise the shipping team, providing direction with daily shipping processes, which includes accurately filling and shipping customer orders with proper product inspection, packaging and correct supporting documentation.
- Supervise the process for receiving incoming materials with an efficient put-away system, cycle counting, and inventory reconciliation activities. Utilize ERP software to manage inventory activities.
- Report damaged or defective materials and/or products and remove from inventory properly. Maintain records and address issues as needed with vendors or the internal team.
- Maintain process or system for proper inventory rotation (first in, first out)
- Continuously improve inventory operations through the use of lean practices. Recommend ways to improve quality of service, increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of the shipping and inventory teams
- Optimize the company's purchasing and supply chain efforts with effective procurement and spend strategies, contracts, processes, and policies.
- Build and maintain relationships with key suppliers and act as the lead point of contact for all purchasing and supply agreements, setting performance criteria to ensure expectations are met.
- Work closely with vendors to obtain relevant information relating to products, pricing, order quantities, and delivery schedules.
- Review purchase orders against delivery. Investigate pricing or receipt discrepancies and monitor delivery dates to ensure on-time delivery. Report issues to management quickly.
- Prepare import documents for freight forwarder and generate inventory costing paperwork
- Complete all other projects and tasks assigned by management.
What the Purchasing and Inventory Manager needs to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or at least five years of related purchasing/inventory management experience.
- Working knowledge of general purchasing principles, practices and procedures.
- Experience working with integrated ERP systems.
- Efficient with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Microsoft Office; primarily MS Excel
- Ability to set priorities, analyze problems, work independently and manage time effectively.
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with the ability to multi-task and follow-up on all responsibilities.
What the Purchasing and Inventory Manager will enjoy:
- Comprehensive benefits package(Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account options
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Vacation and paid company holidays.
- An encouraging, supportive environment with training, professional development, recognition programs and career growth opportunities!
Did you know you can text Applied Staffing between 9am - 4pm to ask any questions you may have about positions? Text us at 775-303-2623 (text only) and receive a same day response! Applied Staffing, a division of The Applied Companies, offers our associates medical and dental benefits right away! Applied Staffing also wants to reward you for any person you refer. If your referral works at least 160 hours (20 days), you will receive $100 - no joke! We have paid out hundreds of dollars! Work for an agency that is locally owned and operated. We care about Nevadans and want to keep Nevada moving!