Senior Structural Engineer
Reno, NV 89502
Seeking a Senior Structural Engineer for an expanding company in Reno!
Our client is on the hunt for a highly motivated Senior structural Engineer with the desire to continue a career in building design that will provide the highest quality of professional services to each client.
In this Senior-Level Engineering position, you will report directly to the owner and your primary responsibilities will be preparing construction documents, specifications, performing engineering calculations, project management, as well as assisting the design staff.
Be part of this great family Culture were work life balance is a priority.
What the Senior Structural Engineer will do:
- The successful candidate would have experience with design and analysis of structural elements of concrete, steel, masonry and wood
- Prepare Construction Documents and specifications
- Structural Engineering design for various project types such as schools, commercial development, development on tribal lands and residential
- Preparing and checking structural calculations and details of structural elements
- Experience using Revit Structure is a plus
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects of various sizes
- Ability to perform basic design and drafting functions with minimal supervision
- Strong emphasis working with wood
What the Senior Structural Engineer needs to have:
- BS in civil engineering with a structural emphasis or MS in structural engineering
- 8+ years of related post-graduate structural design office experience
- Working towards professional licensure or has PE license
- Competency with all basic MS Office software
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proficient in usage of engineering software such as Mathcad and RISA
- Design experience in municipal, commercial, and residential projects
- Must have the ability to solve design problems using engineering calculations and general design standards
What the Senior Structural Engineer will enjoy:
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Vacation, holiday pay & sick leave
- 401K plan with matching contribution
- Competitive Salary
- A collaborative and stable work environment
- And much more!
Note: This is Full Time direct Hire
Did you know you can text Applied Staffing between 9am - 4pm to ask any questions you may have about positions? Text us at 775-303-2623 (text only) and receive a same day response! Applied Staffing, a division of The Applied Companies, offers our associates medical and dental benefits right away! Applied Staffing also wants to reward you for any person you refer. If your referral works at least 160 hours (20 days), you will receive $100 - no joke! We have paid out hundreds of dollars! Work for an agency that is locally owned and operated. We care about Nevadans and want to keep Nevada moving!