89437 Sparks, NV 89437
Looking for a company that has so much growth, an overwhelming majority of team members have been promoted before their first year? This international company seeking a tooling engineer for this expanding group that enjoys a positive work environment and an emphasis on safety. Many processes has even been featured by OSHA as a gold standard. In this full time role you will work with a small but growing team in the beautiful back drop of the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range of the Reno area.
This tax free state enjoys an exceptionally low unemployment rate with so many organizations coming to the area to call Reno home. If you enjoy 300 days a year of sunshine, consider Reno and this ideal opportunity. Relocation provided.
This Tooling Engineer performs tooling and equipment based technical projects and programs. This work will handle optimization and reduction of tool costs for all existing tooling and development of next generation tool arrangements. Also this position handles improvements to existing and specification of new accompanying equipment and processes.
What the Tooling Engineer will do:
- Manage technical improvement projects within defined budgets and agendas
- Assist with daily production matters
- Assisting in guiding the tooling group to help minimize operational losses and tooling costs
- Specify tool requirements including setting minimum requirements for spare parts to effectively manage costs
What the Tooling Engineer will enjoy:
- Day 1 insurance benefits of medical, dental, vision
- Paid time off
- Cross training opportunities
- Quick career escalation plans
- Onsite cafeteria and snack shops
- Profit Sharing
- Education Reimbursement Plan
- Potential opportunities for overseas travel
What the Tooling Engineer needs to have:
- 5+ years working in a tool maker role
- Bachelors degree of Mechanical Engineering
- High level skill set of transfer tooling design
- Proven track record of successful execution of technical tooling projects and/or successful continuous improvement achievements
- Technical expertise in a high volume manufacturing environment, ideally in metal processing or in metal deep drawing
- 2D and 3D CAD skills
- Ideal candidate will have worked with plunger press or eyelet tools
Did you know you can text Applied Staffing between 9am - 4pm to ask any questions you may have about positions? Text us at 775-303-2623 (text only) and receive a same day response! Applied Staffing, a division of The Applied Companies, offers our associates medical and dental benefits right away! Work for an agency that is locally owned and operated. We care about Nevadans and want to keep Nevada moving!